
We do not talk of death lightly…It is regarded as tasteless. But death is an essential fact of life which makes no exceptions. It comes to kings as well as beggers, to saints as well as sinners, the aged and the young. You simply cannot turn a blind eye to it and fool yourself into believing that death comes to other people and would spare you. Trust me, it won’t. So it is best to prepare yourself for it and when it comes, welcome it with a smile on your lips. Talkin of which reminds me of the lines i once read:-
“Sunset and evening star
And one clear call for me!
May there be no moaning of bar
When I put out to see…
Twilight and evening bell
After that the death!
And may there be no sadness of farewell
When I embark.”
I know this hour of death will dawn upon me one day. But being a rationalist I do not believe in the irrational theoris of life-death, rebirth in different forms till we mingle with God and attain Nirvana. Nor do I believe in the Hebrew, Christian and Islamic belief in the ‘Day Of Judgement-Heaven and Hell’.
I except the finality of death. We do not know what happens to us after we die. If people were evil in their lifetime, death surely doesn’t convert them to saints. We must always bear in mind that death is inevitable. Without brooding over it, be prepared for it.
In the words of ghalib
..."Age travels at a galloping pace,
who knows where it’ll stop?
We do not have our feet in our hand
We do not have our own feet in the stirrups”...
man!! u write sum awesome stuff huh??... really cooll stuff.. cheers...
ReplyDelete